Background

The project comprises the refurbishment of four Grade 2 listed buildings, providing boarding accommodation for approximately 200 girls.

The boarding houses were built in 1898 and are arranged in two pairs with a central courtyard providing the main entrance to the school. The works entail refurbishing the houses to refresh them and bring them up to date in terms of décor and services. This includes completely refitting the bedrooms and dormitories with built-in furniture and renovating the common areas. Working with English Heritage the scheme also includes replacement of the windows to retain the buildings’ important historical context.